Tuesday, April 17, 2012

This is theft



       I just wanted a York Peppermint Patty.  I went to the machine at work and paid my 95 cent for a 60 cent candy.  The candy was dispensed, but rather than release my nickel, which in retrospect, I'm not sure I have ever seen this machine do, it told me I had a credit.
       A credit.  So now my options were to, A: Buy another overpriced candy, or B: wait for someone else to, and hope they have a nickel, or C: walk away.
       This is petty theft, and it happens every day.

       Technically it is not theft, though.  The next person will get your nickel.  It's only an extra 5% over the 50% markup you've already paid.  (or 10% of the 50% markup).  The next person will just get back a Dime as change.

       It's not theft, technically it's an involuntary redistribution of wealth.  I'm surprised government hasn't put a stop to this, after all they had the market cornered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean and well thought out.