Friday, February 10, 2012

So insulting it causes physical pain.

       See that?  Up there.  That is one page of a three-page, full-color, glossy advertisement for flood insurance, sent to me, by FEMA.  That's right.  The postage paid stamp is from FEMA.  I could go into great detail about being in a part of town that is higher than the rest by 50 feet.  I could fire off a comment about not having a basement and therefore if I had water in my house the street would already be 8 feet deep.  But I wont.
       I will question why this is being sent.  If you need flood insurance, and have a mortgage, (Like your's truly) your lender tells you in no uncertain terms that you'd better have this type of insurance.  So this is a sales come-on.  From the government.  Indirectly of course but... seriously?  I think this particular truth is so "self-evident" that I need not even state it.
       Someone mentioned something about debt, and some soldiers still deployed in some filthy sandbox.  These concerns clearly pale when held to the light of marketing flood insurance to people who don't need it.

       We more money put into space exploration.  I want off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean and well thought out.