Thursday, August 11, 2011

Watching the wrong hand.

       One of the things most people don't know about me is that I can change shape.  It's true.  A few weeks ago I Changed into an eagle and flew to Washington D.C.  Once there I changed into a fly.  (you have to do these things in stages.)  I found myself in a room with some prominent politicians.  Would you like to know what I overheard?  Of course you do.  I will use false names to protect their identity.
     
       (clever disguises, no?)

Bainer:  Are you sure he told you he was coming?
Reede:  Trust me he wouldn't miss this historic occasion.
Bainer:  Wow, you said "trust me" without even blinking.  I'm impressed.
Reede:  Practice man.  Years of practice.
Bainer:  Here he comes.
             Door opens silently, gliding on the lubrication provided by years of politicians being greased in        
             this room.
O'banna:  Did you gentlemen have something you wanted to share with me?  Something productive this
                time.  I'll throw your asses under the bus again on national TV.
Reede:  Yes mister President.  You see we have finally reached an agreement on the debt ceiling thingy.
O'Banna:  Thingy?
Bainer:  Yes, you see in the course of our debate one thing began to become abundantly clear.
O'Banna:  and that is...
Reede:  Well you see sir, both parties had been backed into a corner where we had to back up all the    
              B.S. we had been piling up on our constituents.
O'banna:  You two need to talk faster, I promised the old lady we'd fly to Alaska for some king crab,
                 then over to New York for a play, then Chicago for Cheesecake and coffee.
Bainer:  Well sir, both sides were looking pretty bad, so we agreed on a solution we feel you can get
              Behind.
O'Banna:  And that would be...?
Reede:  We will put off actually making a real decision until after the next election.
O'Banna:  That's a long way off.  Won't the American people notice?  They're not stupid.
Reede and Bainer:  (laughing)  You are new at this aren't you?

At that point I flew away.  I was stunned by the audacity of the people running this country.  I could not believe, they felt so sure no one would see right through their half-baked plan.  Surely our ever-vigilant watchdog media would call them out.  Weeks passed.  No one seemed to mention it.  We have all moved on to other things.  But I can't let it go.  I know what I saw, as a fly on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean and well thought out.